Sunday, March 23, 2014

Simple Food

Not unlike most Sundays, I woke up this morning with a huge craving for eggs. I have been trying to be really good lately, eating a lot of "clean" dishes, all fresh veggies, and if I buy anything canned, it has to be organic, or at least natural.
And I have been very good about avoiding fats lately - more so than usual.
 

My skin has been better, and I feel less guilt when I am done eating. So, fried eggs were not going to be part of the breakfast, if I could help it. I was not going to slip, not even for one little breakfast! 

So, I made a crustless quiche, with 100% egg whites, 0% fat, skim milk, almond cheese, kale and 90% fat free Canadian bacon. I added some onion powder, fresh ground pepper and a couple of drops of tabasco sauce, and ... oh my word, what deliciousness! 

I am really grateful for the out of the carton egg whites, because I don't feel like I am wasting an egg just to harvest its "healthy" part. The almond cheese sounded weird, at the store, but it's actually pretty good - it smells and tastes like a strong (real) mozzarella cheese. 

The whole dish tasted delicious, fresh and very flavorful - fresh from the kale, tasteful from the tabasco, pepper and onion, and it was light yet filling. And my egg craving was fulfilled.


Crustless quiche - kale, almond cheese, Canadian bacon, egg whites and skim milk. 



No comments:

Post a Comment