Friday, January 16, 2015

What to Eat? - Part 2

... and a couple of other notes ...
 
Although being on an almost exclusively vegan diet for the past two weeks rendered some ease in my symptoms, it did not make them go away completely. I still get occasional welts, although not as huge as before, and not as overwhelming. But bothersome and worrisome, still. Same thing with my stomach pain – still there, but it’s muted. Just enough to not leave me think about something else!

So, in a way, I am back to square one, seeing what else it can be, as it’s not positively dairy or/ and meats. I am reaching out to friends overseas who are doctors, and see what they might recommend based on my pictures and latest allergy test results.

In the meantime, I am trying to grow into my new diet, and I feel much lighter and just more comfortable overall.

Our air has been insanely bad lately, lots of smog and lots of pollution – so I have had migraines and headaches for the past two weeks, which has eaten up the energy my new diet and exercise regimen has given back! I will continue to push on, for sure. Is there any other option?!

Also, I have read about our local PCSK9 study which has invited me to participate, after my cardiologist recommended me to them. After reading the 36 page pdf about the study, what is known so far, how it works, what involves, and what are the (very little known, now) risks, I decided against participating. I have just never had that heroic streak in me, where I could go forth for the benefit of the future generations. I am more selfish, I guess, that way.

Outside of trying to find some answers for my more recent (relatively speaking – it’s been a year or so since it started) discomfort and continuing on with the diet and exercise, nothing much more new to report.

I am also shocked by the amount of kids with HoFH lately – seems like every day there is a new post on the FH Facebook page from a parent desperate to know some answers. Quite sad, and I wonder why seemingly the increase in cases of HoFH?!

No comments:

Post a Comment