Monday, June 13, 2011

My New Best Friend

On a trip to Canada this spring, my sister introduced me to a whole new culinary invention – bagel thins. A long time lover of bagels, I have always been worried about the calorie count and fat quantity in bagels – not enough, though, to stop eating them altogether! But now, I don’t have to stop!

My sister gets the President’s Choice brand in Montreal and I was afraid we cannot get that here. But quite accidentally, we stumbled upon the Thomas’ (as in Thomas’ English Muffins) brand – which we could find pretty much everywhere – any grocery store, and even WalMart has them! And they are very similar in taste, and what a bonus for being so good for you, too!

They are my new best breakfast friend! I love the “Everything” variety, and with very low fat, no cholesterol and lots of fiber, I can enjoy them fully, with no guilt. And you don't have to skimp on the flavor either - it's all there, I promise! I spread some “fake butter” on them when I toast them, or a very small amount (about half of a table spoon) of low fat cream cheese, or even some home made strawberry preserves … Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment