Thursday, January 28, 2016

Cath Day. Again.

I remember the first time I scheduled an angiogram (15 years ago, I was 25). I was so scared of the procedure, I called in an hour before the appointment and I told them I am not coming in. I rescheduled it 5 years after that and eventually got one done. Now, with OHS looming ahead, I am not scared at all for tomorrow's procedure, considering.  
 
Tomorrow, I have my heart angiogram/ catherization planned. 6.30 AM bright and early at the hospital. The cardiologist said it will be just investigative, because of my upcoming surgery: he wants to understand what all needs to be done but he will leave it to the surgeon to actually fix it. He also said he might introduce me to the surgeon tomorrow, if the surgeon happens to be around. I am looking forward to that, for sure. 

The nurse called today with instructions for tomorrow. I appreciated the reminder, as the doctor was confused last time I saw him about which day and which month we were doing this in. So, it's good to know we're on the same page for a more or less important procedure.

I am a little nervous about the possible findings, I hope we just find out that the valve is the only thing that needs mending, but not nervous about the procedure and the recovery time this weekend. I hope I am right on this one.


Hope everyone is well and has a good start of the weekend!
More, tomorrow, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment