Thursday, May 26, 2016

May 22, 2016: The FH Foundation

When I started this blog (5 years ago) there weren't many resources for people like me, with FH. Since then, there is an FH Foundation and a pretty popular Facebook group that keep us informed on what's the newest around this disease. 

5 years ago, with no other references out there, I decided that had more information about how to handle this disease and what the day to day life feels like that I knew what to do with. So, I wanted to document this information somewhere, in the hope that someone just like me, looking for personal accounts, and what the day to day life would entail when receiving this diagnosis, would benefit from it. I have gotten some great responses from people reading here over the years, and I hope at least one article can relate to each one of you. 

With all this in mind, I had to share this milestone with you. This week, on May 22, 2016, The FH Foundation has added a feed from my blog to their News & Blog section: https://thefhfoundation.org/first-week-back-at-work-and-meeting-the-vascular-surgeon/
 
To say that this is an incredible honor for me is an understatement. I am so glad that I can share my experiences with a wider group of people and I am so excited that this foundation full of great spokespeople for FH has found an interest in my writing. 

Make sure you check out their site, if you have not done so already, and visit all the links to the right of this blog that connect you to more resources that I hope you will find useful. 

Thank you for reading and asking questions, and giving me ideas for writing, over the years. The fun is in the journey together. 

Much health, to all. 





No comments:

Post a Comment