Thursday, May 12, 2016

Park City Main Street

I just wanted to stop by today and add a post where I celebrate a huge milestone, for me. I have moved to Utah 6 years and 2 days ago. Ever since, I have gone to Park City in every season. It did not matter whether it was too cold or too hot, or like today, just perfect, every time I'd walk the whole stretch of Main Street (which is all a huge hill), I was completely out of breath and feeling like my heart will be jumping out of my chest and beating itself to death on the ground!

Today, we took a slow stroll (which we normally did in the past, too), and initially I said "Oh, let's just do half the hill to see how I do". And we ended up parking in the middle of the hill, first going down to the bottom, then climbing all the way back up to the top of the hill and then climbing down another half of the hill, back to our car. I did not lose my breath once. My pulse was 107 at one point, sure, but I did not feel like my chest will explode for even one second of this whole short journey. 

When I first moved here, going to Park City alone would give me an instant migraine and my chest was heavy just because of the altitude (7000 ft), but today was another story. No migraine. Just beautiful spring weather and a nice, refreshing walk. Sure, I was pooped by the time I made it home, but I really do feel like this surgery changed something. I just hope it changed it all for the very much better and I hope, for a while to come. 


This is me at the top of that Main Street hill today. See?! No panting!

No comments:

Post a Comment