Wednesday, April 20, 2016

10 Weeks Out from OHS and 1 Week of Praluent

Although I have been walking this OHS journey now for 10 weeks myself, I am still coming up against new things that my body is going through. I am amazed that symptoms are still coming up and I feel and experience new things. The doctors' appointments and lab visits are still a weekly necessity.This is kind of what this post is about as well as a short follow up on my Praluent side effects. 

Today was my follow up echo, the first one after the release from the hospital. As far as the tech could tell, it all looks good, but the official reading from the cardiologist has not come in yet. 

After that, I went to have my INR checked (my weekly appointment for now), and it's under the range. Again. Today was 1.9, which is just 0.1 lower than the lowest margin. Argh! For the fifth week now, I am under the lower limit. Somewhat unsettling. The only silver lining is that I have an ON-X valve, which should require less Coumadin, and accept a lower INR. 

My husband and I went to Home Depot for some spring shopping after my appointments, and although I was not pushing a cart, nor was I lifting anything at all, I got REALLY lightheaded for the first time almost since I left the hospital. I just felt like my knees were jell-o and they would just not support me. I had to sit down on a shelf right away, as I felt I was going to go down otherwise. After 5 minutes or so, I gained my balance again, but I felt drained. Just like all the energy depleted me. 

After lunch at home and a nap, I felt better. My chest hurt a lot today, too, but I blame my rehab stretches on that - they REALLY are engaging my torso. My blood pressure was low, again (100 over 40), today, but it's been low before, with no dizziness, so ... no idea what this was, but it came and went, so far. Just something to keep an eye on and see if it should happen as a norm. 

I took it easy this afternoon - everything I did was sitting down. I am still surprised that some of this "weirdness" kind of comes and goes even to this day, even after this many weeks. This makes me nervous, of course, especially with the starting of work looming ahead. 

Now, about the Praluent. My arm hurt for about 4 days after they gave me my shot last Wednesday, but only when I massaged my injection spot. The night I got the injection, I had a panic attack. I felt like my heart was pounding hard, and I felt just like I feel before a job interview, but multiplied by 20. I got cold sweats followed by really hot, dripping sweats. I didn't take anything for it, I seemed to sleep it off, in an agitated night sleep, and I was better by the morning. 

I also, for some reason, have a hoarse voice. I know that nasopharyngitis is a major side effect of Praluent, but I don't have congestion in my nose/ head, or flu-like symptoms, etc, but I have a very hoarse voice and I sneeze a lot. I think the jury is still out whether this is from Praluent, or just the pollen season being upon us. I will keep watching it and continue to report back on what else weird is happening. 

Much health to all of you, and I hope you have a beautiful spring to enjoy, like we do, here in The Rockies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment